Media & Publicity
Educating the mental health, healthcare, educational and other professional communities continue to be Dr. Scheel’s focus and interest. She is versatile in her skills as a writer, speaker, clinical supervisor and workshop educator.
Media and Educational Programs and events
- Dr. Scheel maintains two blogs on Psychology Today – Sex is a Language and When Food is Family
- Dr. Scheel is considered an expert in the filed of eating disorders. Her book, When Food is Family: A Loving Approach to Heal Eating Disorders (2011. Idyll Arbor, Inc. available on amazon.com) has made a significant contribution in helping families and patients together recover from an eating disorder.
- Podcast on Sexual Performance Problems. Interviewed on September 11, 2020 by: I Do Podcast: The #1 Marriage & Dating Advice podcast in iTunes and generates over 270,000 downloads every month.
Dr. Scheel has written for the following additional publications:
- Addiction Professional Magazine
- The Diabetes Council
Dr. Scheel has presented at the national and regional level. She created a full day conference with nationally known speakers at Wake Forest University in 2016 for mental health professionals in NC and surrounding area seeking a better understanding in the treatment of eating disorders.
- RENFREW Center Foundation annual International Conference on Eating Disorders
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) Plenary Presentation at National Conference
- National Association for Mental Illness (NAMI)
Dr. Scheel is regularly quoted in professional and mainstream publications.